Saturday, February 9, 2013

Golfing...

Long weekends call for longer Golfing activities. Which mean short stays at home. Which means still shorter time spent in the kitchen. That's when I need to find good, fast and tasty food, and keep the rest of the family happy, and have guilt-free Golfing rounds.

Shuttling between gathering the ingredients for cooking to assembling the Golfing equipment, is one frenzied activity. Pitching wedge is in the lawn where the practicing takes place. Achaari masala is with my neighboring sis-in-law, who wanted to give it a try. My domestic help has to shelve off the regular cleaning activity till I finish mine, and give them a breather.
But things don't end there. Concocting a tasty dish is very important. My family will not settle down for some inane Kaddu fry. It has to have the look that I have enswathed it with laborious mixture of spices, ground pastes. All elbow grease for my loving family. Only then I would earn the visa to the Golf Course.
And of course, knowing the nature of the weekend, a few preparations need to be made the earlier day. I came up with a tasty, yet simple, make-in-a-jiffy dish.....Happy Golfing to me.
AACHARI PANEER.
Marinate Paneer cubes overnight in the following Marination Mixture:
Paste of fried Onion Ginger, and Garlic (browned) in Ghee, plain Curds, some Milk, plain Chillie Powder, Aamchoor powder, Tumeric, Salt, Sugar, Hing, Aachari masala, ( any company) I used Roopaks.
Heat Ghee in a pan, add Jeera, and let splutter. Add tender Peas (optional). Let cook. Add the marinated Paneer, lots of chopped Coriander. Add 1/2 cup water, and cook till water dries out. To serve, heat in Microwave only.




No comments:

Post a Comment